viernes, 13 de noviembre de 2009

100 Days, 100 Chefs, 100 Recipes: Day 100 Robert Lewis


Mueva la barra lateral para su traducción al español

I wanted to be a chef at an early age. Growing up in California offered to me a culinary experience I will always cherish. I come from a long line of wonderful cooks. Family food artists and guests in my home were experts in preparing Jewish, Mexican, Middle and Far Eastern, and traditional dishes, which gave me a love for food and the creative outlet it provided. After graduating from the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, New York, in 1976, my personal and professional cooking journey began.

In 1998 I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. At that time I was sure my days of good eating were over. What I “heard” in those early days was only the list of foods that were prohibited. As I worked through my ups and downs, I came to realize that the selection of foods I could and should eat was vast and included many fabulous favorites. Thus began my motivation to create great tasting dishes that are easy to prepare. Requests to share tips and recipes resulted in the publication of two cookbooks, Get Happy Get Healthy, Recipes from the Kitchen of Robert Lewis The Happy Diabetic and Simply Desserts. I speak to audiences at hospitals and health fairs across the country delivering a message of hope and encouragement. My recipes celebrate great tasting food that both diabetics and non-diabetics can enjoy. My wish is that you will have fun as you follow my healthy cooking and eating plan! So…wield your French knife with the confidence of Zorro!

My program is a powerful one for everyone who wants to learn how to execute a healthy lifestyle. Participants comment that it is fun, informative, and inspiring! In a lighthearted way that will make your attendees smile, I will share information and personal experiences. I will share simple cooking techniques, product information, and industry trends. Together we will cook and taste some fabulous and deliciously healthy dishes! I will present a 1-hour interactive cooking demo and invite 4 members of the audience to join me on stage to sample the 2 dishes that I prepare. The “food-tasters” become part of the interactive demonstration. All of this with local easy to find products available at your local grocery store.

I have 3 electronic resources for more information about my recipes, I have a personal page: The Happy Diabetic, a blog of recipes: Chef Robert Lewis The Happy Diabetic and Recipes Video in collaboration with LillyDiabetes

Chef I admire

Jacques Pepin: Not flashy, his cuisine is french based which I love. He has a simple yet effective style of cooking.It is very clean and flavorful.

Wolfgang Puck: Is...energetic and creative. His innovated approach to flavors are wonderful. He has a great ability to take the traditional and make it non traditional.

The Happy Diabetic Pumpkin Pie of Love!
Makes 10 servings.

Here's what you will need:

1 ready made frozen pie crust
1 - 15 oz. can pumpkin
6 fl. oz. whole evaporated milk
6 fl. oz. skim evaporated milk
1/2 cup egg substitute
1/3 cup Splenda sweetener
2 T. granulated sugar
1 T. My Pie Spice

My pie spice...

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice

Preparation for spices: Combine all the spices.

Recipe Directions:

In mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar, Splenda, and pie spice.
In small bowl, mix whole and skim evaporated milk. Add milk and egg substitute to pumpkin. Stir.
Pour mixture into crust.
Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and continue to bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean.
Cool thoroughly.

Nutrition Facts per serving:

Calories: 174,
Carbohydrate: 20 g,
Fiber: 2 g,
Fat: 8 g,
Protein: 6 g,
Sodium: 165 mg

100 Días, 100 Chefs, 100 Recetas: Día 100 Robert Lewis



Texto en Construcción

No hay comentarios: