miércoles, 30 de septiembre de 2009

100 Days, 100 Chefs, 100 Recipes: Day 56 John Paul Khoury


Mueva la barra lateral para su traducción al español

I am the corporate chef for Preferred Meats, Inc., a premium meat company in the San Francisco Bay Area, with a focus on sustainable husbandry and smaller farm operations. I am certified as a Chef de Cuisine with the American Culinary Federation and have worked in major hotels, white table cloth restaurants, and a high volume institutional kitchen.

I had been in and out of the restaurant business as a kid doing stints in broadcasting among other things coming back to the industry for good in my early 20's. That was about 25 years ago.

I have always been interested in food and cooking and grew up in a household where food was an adventure.

Where did you study?

I worked under excellent chefs and have rounded out with education at The Culinary Institute of America at Greystone, in Napa amongst other education.

Where have you worked?

I have worked in many small venues and larger ones such as the Hilton, the Hyatt, and even at the Academy for the California Highway Patrol before joining Preferred Meats, Inc as their corporate chef. www.preferreedmeats.com

Who are the Chefs you most admire?

Masa Nishiyama (worked for him for 10 years)
Jacques Pepin for my initial inspiration in classical cooking,
and Escoffier for standardizing and setting the ground work for the modern kitchen, then there are a thousand others that I find inspirational and engaging like Grant Achatz, Ferran Adria,Eric Ripert, Mario Batali, etc.

Talk to me a little bit about your relationship with diabetes: Are you a diabetic?

No but both my mother and grandmother had adult onset diabetes. My grandmother took insulin and my mother controls it with diet.

What is your personal experience working with dishes for diabetics?

It seems that the higher protein higher fiber ingredients work best- right up the alley of a premium meat company for sure!!

Now please give me a recepie for diabetics

Here is my favorite marinade for beef- all you need is a hot grill and good meat- ENJOY!!!

Exported from: MasterCook II

JP's Ultimate Soy Worcestershire Marinade
Serving Size: 1
Preparation Time:0:10
Categories: Marinades

Ingredients

1/4 cup soy sauce
1/8 cup worcestershire sauce
1 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon garlic -- minced
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/2 dash kosher salt
1 tablespoon fresh herbs -- minced

Preparation Method

Mix all ingredients together.
Marinate meat or poultry items to be grilled for two to 24 hours
or more depending on how large or thick the item is

100 Días, 100 Chefs, 100 Recetas: Día 56 John Paul Khoury

Texto en Construcción

No hay comentarios: